- Do you feel you have enough information on the haze?
- What has the highest Air Pollution Category been where you live?
unhealthy Hazardous Emergency
- What has the highest Air Pollution Index been where you live?
- Do you understand what the Air Pollution Index (API) means?
If yes, (what are the 5 gases/ pollutants you think are measured
to decide on the index. Please tick 5 pollutants
(i) carbon monoxide
(ii) carbon dioxide
(iv) sulphur dioxide
(v) nitrogen dioxide
(vii) particulate matter 10
If no, would you like to know how the API is derived.
5. The Air Pollution Index (API) is derived from (i) or (ii)
below . Please tick one.
(i) a composite index of all 5 pollutants
(ii) the pollutant with the highest concentration
6. Rank 1- 4 commonest source of information on the haze for you
7. Have you experienced any health effects from the haze?
If yes, have you experienced :
(i) Increased coughing due to the haze? YesNo
(ii) Difficulty in breathing due to the haze?YesNo
(iii) Skin irritation due to the haze? YesNo
(iv) Eye irritation due to the haze? YesNo
(v) Asthma attack due to the haze? YesNo
8. Do you think that you are at an increased risk of developing
any of the following diseases because of the haze.
Heart disease YesNo
Peptic ulcer YesNo
High blood pressure YesNo
9. Has the visibility during the haze affected your driving? YesNo
If yes, have you:
(i) at any time felt it was dangerous to drive? YesNo
(ii) ever stopped driving because of poor visibility? YesNo
10. What do you think should be done to reduce the haze?
Rank priority 1-5 in order of effectiveness. (1=most effective;
Help fight the forest fires 12
Stricter enforcement of open burning in the country 12
Restrict the entry of private vehicles into the city 12
Increase checks on pollutant emissions from factories/vehicles
Decrease dust pollution from construction activity12
11. Should the general public be encouraged to wear masks? YesNo
If yes, at what Air Pollution Index
12. Do you think employees working outdoors most of the time should
with masks by the employers? YesNo
Optional Question (In case there is a follow-up survey)
Thank you for answering the above questions and participating in